NVivo is a software package that helps with qualitative data analysis. Keep track of all data associated with your project, code your data, create models to help organize your research, run queries on your coded data, create charts and reports for sharing with others...
NVivo for Mac has arrived
The Mac version of NVivo was released last spring and our license covers both the Mac and Windows version. While they are continuing to add features to the Mac version, there area still some things that the Mac version can't do compared to the Windows version. See their feature comparison chart for details
Introduction to NVivo video:
- This brief video introduces you to NVivo 10 and how it can be used as part of your research process
- Download the 14 day demo version (Windows or Mac)
- To turn the demo version into the full licensed version contact Marianne Keyes, FASS computing support to register for a license key Note: because FASS pays for the license it is free for students, faculty, staff in FASS, other faculties are charged $12.
- Also available on the terminal server in all CCS student computer labs. (Look under Start, Programs, Other Applications, Terminal Server ( login with same account info) then All Programs, NVivo
- May be available in other departmental labs. Please check with local computing support.
We offer some scheduled workshops as well as on-demand NVivo workshops to individual, small groups, and classes for Carleton University students, faculty or staff. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. Topics covered can include:
- Overview of features
- How to import your data
- How to create nodes
- How to code your data
- Building and running queries
- Building models and charts
- Exporting projects items
NVivo also hosts a number of free online brown-bag webinars, paid online workshops, and sometimes does 2-day face-to-face workshops. See their training and events information for details
- Online tutorials: choose your version of NVivo from the pull down menu
- "How to" Videos
- Getting Started Resources from NVivo
- On Reserve in the Library (5 day loan)