Please note that applications for the 2016/17 are now closed as we have many more applications than we have spaces. We are now in the process of assigning spaces and hope to be in contact with applicants by the first week of classes.
There are three types of graduate study space:
- Large carrels
- Large carrels are desks assigned to an individual graduate student. Other students may use the carrel when it is not occupied by the designated student but they must vacate the space when asked. Students will be assigned either a desk or a carrel but not both.
- Desks in shared study rooms
- Students are given a key that will open any graduate study room and may use any vacant desk in any room. Since all rooms are open to anyone with a key, items should not be left unattended.
- Please note: Due to construction on the canal side of the library, only the rooms in the newer section of the 5th floor will be available at the start of term. More keys will be distributed once construction is completed and all rooms are open.
- Students may request both a locker and a desk or a locker and a carrel. Graduate lockers are located near the entrance to graduate study spaces. The lockers are intended for research material and notes. Food, drink, and footwear may not be stored in the lockers. Any library materials stored in the lockers must be signed out to the account of the locker owner.
Graduate study spaces are available by application starting in August on a first come, first served basis. Assignments expire on April 30. All materials left in lockers will be removed on May 1 and placed in lost and found.
There is no direct cost for the use of a locker or study room, however students who do not return their keys and locks by the due date will have a $50.00 key replacement fee applied to their library account. There is a $50.00 replacement fee for lost keys or locks.