Jacob Siskind Music Resource Centre Room Booking Guidelines – MacOdrum Library Room 503
This Centre is designed to allow students to collaborate on composition and research. Currently the Centre includes a lounge to encourage discussion and interaction. The Centre will highlight Siskind’s collection of recordings alongside the newly acquired CBC Jazz Collection comprising over 20, 000 CDs, giving Carleton one of Canada’s most comprehensive Canadian jazz collections. The Centre also houses the Emond, Scholes and additional music collections including music scores. The Centre supports access to the abundant music resources and ensures their use through outreach and education. The Centre houses a 1913 Steinway Concert Grand piano - one of the first full-sized concert grand pianos in Canada.
Reservation priority is given to the Carleton Library for teaching, events, and other Library-related meetings, and groups affiliated with the Music Department. Individual events may also be booked with priority as follows:
- Carleton University business or academic events
- Carleton clubs or societies
- External groups
How can the room be booked?
The room can be booked by contacting Amanda Goth (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Denine Eby (email@example.com) stating the nature of the event, number of people, furniture requirement (e.g. number of chairs), date and time.
- As a general rule, groups should be affiliated with the Music Department and/or its programs.
- Booking requests for non-Library purposes must be booked with at least 1 week advance notice.
- The Library can provide access to a projector and screen with advance notice, if available.
- Full-day and multiple-day bookings are discouraged and may not be accepted.
- No food unless special permission from the University Librarian.
- Room must be left in the state it is given. Users are responsible for any damage caused to the room.
- Non-Library groups may be asked to pay for set-up and take-down of room.
- Groups hosting events taking place outside of Library open hours may be asked to pay for Library staff to provide security when the Library is closed to the public.
- The use of the Steinway Concert Grand piano will be granted with permission of the Music Department. Any cost associated with tuning the piano may be borne by the requesting group.