Reservation priority is given to the Carleton Library for teaching, events, and other Library-related meetings. Individual events may also be booked with priority as follows:
- Carleton University business or academic events
- Carleton clubs or societies
- External groups
Who may make a reservation?
Library staff may book the room directly through the Outlook Calendar. All others must contact Denine Eby stating the nature of the event, number of people, date and time.
- Rooms are bookable during the Library’s regular hours of operation. All bookings must end 1 hour prior to closing.
- Full-day and multiple-day bookings are discouraged and may not be accepted
- No food unless special permission from the University Librarian
- Room must be left in the state it is given. Failure to do so will result in the loss of privilege to book rooms. Users are responsible for any damage caused to the room
- Non-Library groups may be asked to pay for set-up and take-down of room
- Groups hosting events taking place outside of Library open hours may be asked to pay for Library staff to provide security when the Library is closed to the public
- Academic work in the Library is a priority and therefore loud noise, including music, or other sound disturbances are not allowed without special permission from the University Librarian
Teaching Rooms: 235, 252, 583
- During busy teaching periods (September to Fall Break, and from January to Winter Break) teaching rooms can be booked for non-Library purposes only 1 week in advance
- During busy study periods and 24-hour opening (Fall Break to the end of exams, and Winter Break to the end of exams) these rooms will be used for silent study space and so are not reservable
- Whenever possible, we will accommodate requests from our building partners (LSS, CCS and Discovery Centre)
New Sun Joy Maclaren Centre
- Whenever possible we will accommodate requests from the Paul Menton Centre and the McIntyre Exam Centre
Public spaces: Main reading room, Ottawa Resource Room, 5th floor
- Can be booked only for exceptional reasons. Always require special permission from University Librarian
Policy subject to change. Approved by Library Management Group, September, 2015. Updated January 2016.